Total Pageviews

Friday 19 August 2011

A most peculiar building...

I was in a strange building as it was a cross between a house, a doctor's surgery, a village hall and a television studio!

It is fair to say that the whole dream was a bit muddled!

In this odd, multi purpose building, I was in the hallway and there was a mezzanine level.  I had just got up and did not have any clothes on...except a flappy hospital gown.  I was trying to throw a duvet and some pillows (real pillows this time! ;-) up on to this mezzanine level, but each time I tried, it just brought a load of other stuff down and it all ended up in a big mess on the floor.

I had to give up after a while as my arms were tired, so I went into the kitchen, which was actually a nurse's room, to have breakfast.  My mother was there and when she saw the mess she screamed, started to cry and got incredibly upset, saying that it was a catastrophe.

I explained that it was just stuff that had fallen down and that it would be sorted, but she seemed inconsolable!  She then pointed out that I had missed my doctor's appointment.  I panicked and looked at my wrist but I wasn't wearing a watch.  I looked everywhere for a clock but couldn't see one, so Mam told me it was ten past nine and that my appointment had been at nine.

I sat there completely still for a second or two, unsure of what to do, then decided to run for it and see if I could still see the doctor.  Before I had a chance to do anything however, a friendly happy nurse came in with a bowl of acid and put it down on the table in front of me.

She asked me if I had my special hand cream with me...and winked.  I got a tube of hand cream and handed it to her.  She smiled and started to dip my hands into the white, acid liquid, using her own gloved hands to rub the acid in and make sure they were properly rinsed.

It didn't hurt at all and she explained that it would just take the outer layer of my skin off and leave better healthier skin underneath.  She pointed to various weird looking spots on my hands and told me that they would all go, but that my hands would be very dry afterwards, so I would need to put hand cream on all the time.

After she went, I noticed a staircase that hadn't been there before covered in a turquoise patterened carpet  (not very nice).  I remember wondering why on earth I had chosen it, but then I noticed that the rest of the room had a much nicer pale gold coloured carpet.

Suddenly I was ironing but I dropped the iron and it burnt an iron shape into the carpet, I tried to pick it up but it was hot so I dropped it on another bit of the carpet.  This happened over and over and I was sort of juggling with the hot iron, ending up with many iron shaped burn marks all over the carpet.  I was very nervous that my mother would go mad!

My mother however was distracted by the mess from earlier but as we walked towards it, it had almost completely disappeared, revealing my sister, who had been buried underneath, sat at a reception desk.

She was running my Dad's business while he was away, but he was calling in every day to check how things were going.  It transpired it was some sort of holiday business.  A woman was there complaining that she had booked for the Galapagos Islands so why did she have to go to the Seychelles as well?  My sister tried to explain to her that it was a package holiday and it was all part of the package that she had booked and agreed to.  The woman would not accept it though and was getting very upset.  My sister was trying to deal with the woman and my Dad on the phone at the same time and looked very stressed.

I saw lots of the actors from Coronation street walking past into a large room so I followed them.  It turned out that I had to do a raffle and they were all sat in a huge hall waiting.  I was sat on the stage with my husband next to me and I had to choose the winning ticket.

I selected one and called it out and it all got confusing because there were complex codes and colours on the tickets and I wasn't sure if my husband had won or whether it was Sue Nicholls!

In the end there was a huge row and a lot of bad feeling and people were accusing us of cheating and the only way we could sort it out was by giving everyone a bucket of live octopi to eat!


No comments: