Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 August 2011

Here we go again...

...with a lengthy exhausting dream.  In my conscious state I do not have enough imagination to come up with all this stuff day after day...I mean my imagination is pretty good, but not THIS good.  Where on earth does it all come from?!

So in the first dream, my husband and I were somewhere possibly in the North of England...we had been on a tour that was like an open bus tour except on a train.  The train had actually gone through a pub and the tour guide told us that it was the World's first 'gay railway station pub'!  

Later on we were walking around and we decided to cross the border so that we could say we had been to Bulgaria(!)  We did this, but then needed to find the nearest railway station to get home, so Paul went to ask a policeman.  We were worried about language difficulties but had no choice other than to ask him in English.  He replied in a strong Welsh accent speaking perfect English and it dawned on us that we were in Wales not Bulgaria but that it was an easy mistake to make (?!)

He pointed to the railway station and as we entered it around a sweeping corner, we realised we were bak in the gay railway station pub.  We got on the train to pass through the pub and it drove very slowly so I looked around, taking it all in.

It was a large, light & airy pub.  It was very nicely done up and I noticed that the menus looked good too.  I also noticed a colourful sign up on the wall that said 'your application to smoke in this pub has not been rejected'.  I found this a little odd but didn't think too much of it.

We then had to get off the train and wait for the next one.  Some people went outside to wait.  I stayed inside but as I looked around the pub got smokier and smokier as everyone started to light up.  I asked the barman how come it wasn't illegal to smoke inside.  He explained that it was allowed because a committee had voted.  I questioned it again and he said that if you came in the winter, when they were doing cabaret (I noticed a stage at this point), then it was so smoky no one could actually see the stage.

I asked him if he minded and he said it was awful, but he couldn't get another job.  I said that when I got home I would check the law and if it turned out they were breaking the law I would report it for him!  He was really grateful and gave me some coloured light bulbs as a thank you gift!

OK... so then I woke up and when I went back to sleep eventually, I got this little lot...

Clare (a friend and member of my team at work), rang me up REALLY upset because she was worried that the infestation of mice she had just got rid of, would happen again (she hasn't really had an infestation of mice)!  I was trying to reassure her but in the end I had to drive to go to see her.

When I got there loads of her family were there and the house was in a complete mess.  I took my sandals off and picked my way around all the items on the floor.  Everyone said it was nice of me to come all that way to see her and tried to give me cake, but I am on a diet so I hid it in an outside loo with no door.  While I was using the loo I was attacked by insects.

Clare's Dad wanted a lift somewhere, so he told me to put my boots on(?) and we walked to my car which had turned into an American style truck with an open back.  It looked battered but I knew it was brand new.  Clare's Dad started to bang it with a hammer to open it but I clicked the key and it opened for him and for some reason he got into the open bit at the back.

I seemed to suddenly have two crates full of groceries, so I said he'd have to look after them in the back too.

I started to drive away but there was always a cafe in my way, so I had to reverse... but I could only see behind me in my wing mirrors and I am not the best person at reversing (understatement) so I was nervous and felt sure I would hit something.

Despite this I had no choice so I reversed...and reversed...and reversed...and the gap seemed to get narrower with more objects (mainly tables) and people getting closer and more twisty difficult routes to manoeuvre through!  I am sure I closed my eyes at one point but somehow miraculously I got out and was able to drive away.

We got to where we were going.  It was a hospital and I also worked there.  For some reason I was unable to walk with the two crates, I had to crawl and push them along as I crawled down the corridors.

We went round and round a few times with me crawling the whole time, but couldn't find my work place or wherever it was he was going.  Instead we ended up in a debating area!  It consisted of a few rooms with a person in charge of each room and various debates going on. They had the TV on and newspapers open.  Clare's Dad sat at a desk with 'Ibbotson' written on it.  He rubbed it out, put his own name and started to talk about his opinion on something on the news.

I decided he seemed happy enough so I would leave him and try to get to work.

I crawled on and thought I had got to a dead end but there was an invisible corner and I eventually came out into a corridor that seemed familiar.  It led to a gift shop and then back into the main hospital and I suddenly realised that I could walk upright so I stopped crawling and my crates turned into a trolley.

I was then suddenly outside in a town and as I looked around I could see a pretty stretch of water, with autumnal plants growing on it.  I thought it would make a good photo so I walked towards it to find Roy was stood there already, with his daughter.  He had very posh camera equipment which he explained was rain proof.  I suddenly realised it was raining and that my camera was wet.  I tried to dry it on my T shirt and hide it inside my coat but I wasn't wearing a coat so I tried to fit the whole camera in my bra.

I didn't want to disturb Roy so I went to walk further on to the bridge, to take a photo from there.  When I looked however, the bridge was completely full of people all crowded on there to look at the river.  I asked Roy what was going on and he explained there was a carnival.

As he spoke, the carnival started to go past on the river.  It was like the usual type of carnival with floats with themes etc except it was all on the water.  There were large boats and little canoes all going by playing music and waving to the crowds!   Roy's daughter climbed up onto a wall and jumped on to one of the floats.  He was clapping and cheering.

They all went past and I remember thinking what a lovely idea it was to have a water carnival, but only after they had all gone, did it occur to me that I had forgotten to take any photos and I felt really annoyed!

I walked back from the water and suddenly I was aware it was very early in the morning and there was hardly anyone around.  I was heading for a dead end and all that was there was a horse.  I was going to go to see it, but I was aware of a dodgy looking man lurking around and although I felt sure I was probably safe, something in the back of my mind was a bit cautious so I turned back in the other direction.

I got to a house and walked upstairs and a woman appeared shouting at me that I was the wrong housekeeper and I was there on the wrong day and the wrong floor and I had to leave before I got caught!

I was totally confused and couldn't remember where I was or where I was meant to be, so I went back into the kitchen and found a horse there licking the floor.  I tried to remember if it was the same horse but I couldn't remember what colour it was so I ran away feeling very confused!

No comments: