Total Pageviews

Saturday 20 August 2011

I now want beautiful clothes, some magnetic nanocules and paving slabs you can read/listen to! But you can keep the doors.

I was in an office that wasn't mine and I was sat at a computer that was more like a telly. 

There were a number of people milling about and I was vaguely aware that I knew most of them. I picked up on a conversation my friend Andy was having with someone about girlfriends. 

He came over to me and I could hear him explaining 'of course Liz is the female that has put up with me for longest as we've been friends for 30 years'. 

I should point out that Andy and I have actually been friends for 16 years and it is not the case that I have to 'put up with him'. More the other way round I'd say!

Aaaanyway.....back to the dream!

Whatever it was I had on the computer/TV screen, I clearly didn't want anyone to see as I used a fluffy roller which had 'magnetic nanocules' in it which when rolled over the screen, removed the current image, revealing instead what had been on there this time last week!

The office turned into a flat. A very small flat!  It was nextdoor to another similar flat. 

All the people from the office were now nextdoor except me, Andy and his girlfriend who were in this flat. 

I was aware that my clothes were hanging up everywhere and were considerably nicer than my real clothes. They were colourful, interesting and just beautiful clothes. 

I was aware it was a tiny flat so I was trying to tidy them away as they seemed to be taking up far too much space.  The flat also had far too many doors!

By now, Andy had changed into Dave, a former work colleague who happens to be gay. 

Despite this, in my dream he happily had a girlfriend and we all lived in the tiny flat together. I looked out of the window and realised we were right on the seafront at Barry Island. 

It was very busy and noisy and I envied the people living on the top floor in the penthouse!

Andy/Dave's girlfriend announced she was off to work in Shifnal. I exclaimed 'oh Shifnal!?' and tried to tell her I used to live there but she kept talking over me telling me where it was and all about it. 

I kept trying to interrupt to make her understand I knew because I lived there for four years but she yattered on then just left. 

I felt annoyed so to avoid whinging at Andy/Dave about his girlfriend I started to reminisce about Shifnal. As I did, the dream actually became one about Shifnal...

Some paving slabs were missing from the pavement outside our house and my mother was supervising my dad replacing them i.e. telling him what to do!

Instead of paving slabs he was using children's books. There was an annual, an Enid Blyton book and Aesop's fables. 

As he used these books and placed them exactly where my mother told him, I then noticed that some books were actually beautiful songs. 

I was feeling all relaxed and nostalgic when suddenly I was attacked by a load of doors coming down the road. I ran into a field but there were doors everywhere so I walked through one and woke up. 

No comments: