Total Pageviews

Saturday 6 August 2011

A bit late!

Oops....just realised I haven't written up last night's dream.  Thankfully I made notes when I first woke up (yes really!), so I will still be able to write it up even at this late hour ;-)

Right.....so.....I was living in a pretty awful place.  It was a shared house with lots of very small rooms, but the rooms had no privacy at all and all had loads of doors; people had to walk through one room to get to another.  It was also very run down and smelly.

In amongst all this there was one nice item in the house which was a big American style fridge-freezer.   I was aware that it was mine and was the only thing I had brought with me.  One day I went to go to get some ice cubes and the fridge had been replaced with a manky old white one with yellow stains and rust on it.

I demanded to know where mine had gone and it turns out they had auctioned it back to the house (?) for £80.  One of the girls living there was a solicitor and I asked her if I could get it back as it was legally mine.  I really was extraordinarily wound up over this fridge!

I suddenly remembered I owned a house and didn't have to live there.

I left and got into a car with my husband and we drove off to find a cinema.  We went through a succession of industrial estates and eventually saw a small cul-de-sac with clubs, pubs, restaurants and a cinema in it.

At the cinema they took me to look at the seating area but said I was too fat for the seats. They told me most people were normal and slim and that they disapproved of me and wouldn't let me in unless I came in via a different entrance. 

To get into the cinema by the other entrance I had to go through a club and to get through that, I had to do some dancing.  The dancing was extremely suggestive and was pretty much what a lap dancer would do.  They dressed me up in a skimpy white outfit but luckily in the dream I was slim and attractive (yay) so I looked ok in it!

I did the dancing and was allowed to leave, but a bouncer on the door shouted at me for having kept the outfit and chased me down the street.  I remember I had high heels on and yet was running quite well.

I got to the cinema and shouted to my husband to run, so we went around the corner and found ourselves in a dock type area.  There was a tiny single storey stone building with a sign saying 'restaurant' on it.

We went in and there were stairs but there weren't stairs.  We had to walk around really slowly over and over until they appeared.  We went up them and the first floor was closed down, so we went up two more floors and found a large busy fish and chip shop.

We were hungry so we went up and ordered the special which was fish, chips and jam and coconut on toast.  Everyone seemed to be having the same.  I asked if it was strawberry jam and she said yes.  I asked if she had any other sort of jam and she said no, but on the counter... so big we could barely see around it... was the world's biggest jar of raspberry jam.

I asked...what about this then?  She said that it wasn't jam, it was a jar of pickled toys.  I looked at it again and the 'jam' was thin liquid and had lots of plastic toys floating in it.  It did say raspberry jam on the label though and it was red so I was very suspicious!

In the end they offered me fish coated in coconut which was very nice! :-/


No comments: