Total Pageviews

Tuesday 9 August 2011

A giant challenge

Well...all those dreams, but I still manage a first!

Last night...my dream had a soundtrack!  For some reason the whole thing was accompanied by 'Abide with me'!

Bizarre. 

Anyway, I was in someone's living room and I'd turned into a giant. (Obviously one of those very realistic dreams then)! :-/

I had to perform certain tasks to get the right size again and a lorry driver had to keep driving his lorry into the fireplace in the room, to check. 

One task was to turn railway sleepers into giant salt and vinegar chipsticks. :-l  I did this successfully. 

Next, I had to make a sail for a boat, out of weetabix crunchy bran flake shaped roof tiles!  I was getting help from a woman I work with (Clara) but they were the wrong shape to hold together, so I failed that one. 

Finally I had to fit as much 'stuff'' as I could into the dregs of a cold cup of tea! 

I seemed to manage this ok and the lorry driver came in to declare me successful in my task!  I suddenly realised he was Rob Brydon and that he had been married to Clara the whole time but no one had noticed. 

He picked up a cup and went to drink it but I jumped on him, yelling at him not to!  It was the dregs cup and I proceeded to tell him all the horrible things I'd put in there. 

Amongst the gruesome contents, were my fingernails, hairs from the plug hole, crushed horse manure and pieces of Lego!  I told him (in my best serious, wise voice), that you should never assume something can be drunk...just because it is in a cup! 

He thanked me and asked me to take his photo. He wanted it to go on the front of the Radio Times so I had to lie on the floor and take a diagonal shot of him leaning on a stone wall!

He was very pleased and declared me the winner by holding my arm up, (much like at the end of a boxing match). 

As a crowd of people suddenly appeared and started clapping, the song that had been playing all the way through, came to a triumphant flourish of an end! :-)


And I wonder why people call me weird ;-)


No comments: