Total Pageviews

Sunday 24 July 2011

Uphill journey....

I was somewhere with my dad and sister.  It's a bit vague but my dad said it was time to go because of the snow. I only had slippers on and the soles were cracked but he said I'd have to manage as best I could. 

We set off uphill. I had a sense of it being Conway Road in Pontypool even though it wasn't anything like it. 

I was picking my way slowly though bits of ice on the road trying not to slip but I was distracted by my iPod which only played music if I held it near my face. 

My dad and sister were well in front now and as I looked at them in the distance I almost got hit by a car. 

It had swung round and stopped just in time. As I thanked him for stopping and letting me walk by, I noticed that he was made of liquorice. 

I carried on up the hill which had turned into brickfields road in Worcester.  I was surprised they didn't stop at our old house, but carried on walking. 

Suddenly my friend Julie was there. We were in the brickfields house. I was talking to her and at the same time texting my therapist!

We were talking about presents. As we spoke, a delivery was made of a bike stand. We both somehow knew this was ahead of the real present of a bike and was off my dad. 

Julie said 'there....you see?' as if it proved something. We then went on to talk about how many miles I'd be cycling. 

Then my therapist sent me a present over text. It was a cardboard box containing raw chicken and pineapple and coconut stock cubes in a fancy tin. 

Once again Julie said 'you see?'

She then said that if I didn't mind she'd like me to take her round to show her where my friends lived. I told her I didn't know where my therapist lived and the present in the box in front of me turned into white crockery. 

We then got talking about friends.  I said something along the lines of, some people I knew would have come to see me that weekend but couldn't and Julie tried to prove that it was the equivalent of her having loads of people coming to her party. 

It was as though Julie was trying to prove to me with every event and comment, that people did like me. 

I wasn't really sold on the logic of the argument! :-/

Then julie's parents arrived. We all started talking about the 'guardian of the meat' who had been the chef at her party. 

Apparently he was obsessed with meat, his two wives had left him and he was refusing to leave the village hall. 

Sure enough we were suddenly in the village hall and there he was at the other side of the room mumbling about meat, wives and phone calls!

I noticed an old fashioned dial phone next to him with the receiver off the hook.  Whenever someone replaced it, he'd take it off again. 

He was surrounded by round pieces of pork which were clearly going off and he was rocking and muttering away to himself. 

Um....and that's it really. Can't remember anything else :-/

No comments: