Total Pageviews

Tuesday 12 July 2011

A face only a monkey puzzle tree could love....;-)

Quite short this time...

I was in a kitchen with my parents and I was trying to get ready to go out although the more I tried the worse it seemed to get. My dad was exceptionally grumpy and snapping at me. Then he locked me outside for getting on his nerves.  

I carried on trying to stop my hair from looking crap, but it somehow got tangled up with the washing line and a man walking his dog had to get his dog to bite the tangled bit off. 

I was then let back in and my dad apologised reluctantly. I shrugged and said it was fine and went out. 

At the pub, which was actually a village hall, I was in the loos, still trying to make myself look ok. 

I was become increasingly depressed at how, the more I tried the worse my face and hair looked, but I couldn't leave it alone. 

Some of my hair started to fall out and my skin looked like it was melting. 

I overheard my new friend (K) arrive and ask my husband where I was. My husband explained I was getting ready and K was excited to see what I'd chosen to wear etc and seemed to have high expectations. 

I looked at what a disgusting mess I was in the mirror and couldn't face going out and being seen by people, so I looked for a window to escape. 

Luckily there was a patio door leading to a field so I ran as fast as I could, clutching my bag and crying. 

I felt sure that birds flew away, animals ran and even plants turned away from me at the sight of me and I knew I was getting uglier. I felt terrified to ever see myself ever again. 

I got into some woodland and sat down exhausted. A voice told me to calm down and it turned out to be a monkey puzzle tree that could talk. 

I tried to hide my face but the tree had seen and said it didn't care. It told me to stop worrying and that I could live in the woods if I liked. 

I thought I may as well and started to cover a picnic table with rocks(?!)  For some reason this seemed essential and quite urgent.

When I'd finished, a squirrel sat near me and I felt a lot better. I felt hungry..... and luckily I had a corner shop in my bag so went in and bought three cakes. 

No comments: