Total Pageviews

Friday 8 July 2011

Danger!

I was in a building I knew to be Cardiff City Hall but it wasn't quite like it really is. 

I had nothing on but a dressing gown so I felt vulnerable and ill prepared, but I am not sure why I was even there or what I was meant to be prepared for. 

I felt a bit bewildered. 

I saw Maureen (a former work colleague/boss that doesn't like me) but she didn't see me so I hid. 

I felt I needed to get into a particular room but she had gone in there, so I hid in the doorway until she came out. 

She did... and walked off up the corridor so I waited until she'd turned the corner then headed for the room, but as I put my hand on the door handle, I heard footsteps behind me. 

I somehow knew that Maureen had done a complete circuit of the building (this is physically impossible in such a short time) and was about to appear behind me. 

I panicked and ran off in the direction Maureen had originally gone and found myself suddenly right behind her!  I gasped and just managed to hide behind a pile of boxes as she turned round looking for the source of the noise. 

I was very aware of only having a dressing gown on the whole time and felt very annoyed it had no buttons so I had to hold it closed. 

This time, Maureen went up some stairs rather than into the room. As she walked she was talking to no one in particular about how much power she had and the size of her budget. 

I darted towards the room again and actually got in but immediately I was aware that Maureen had turned round and was coming back down the stairs. 

I looked around for somewhere to hide. There was little in the room. It was dimly lit and I had a strong sensation of time moving more slowly than usual. 

Outside it was stormy but the trees were being blown about and the clouds were moving at double the speed you'd expect. The noise of the rain didn't match with when it hit the ground. Everything felt out of sync. 

The room itself was empty apart from a long table covered in a clean white cloth. Upon it were lots of White plates, empty glasses and right in the middle, a white 77th birthday cake covered in candles and sparklers, all lit. 

At that moment Maureen walked in and saw me. She gave me a hard stare, a disgusted look up and down then blew the candles and sparklers out and left the room. 

I didn't know what to do so I opened the window and immediately got sucked out by the storm. 

The curtains were flapping outside the window and I managed to grab one but it was too smooth so I slid down it (they seemed to be about ten foot long!) and ended up on a balcony of the floor below. 

I noticed with some relief that I was now dressed and indeed even had on a hat and scarf. 

I felt I'd had a lucky escape and tried to get my thoughts together and calm down. I opened the door, walked through and fell straight into a huge pool full of sharks. 

I was now with someone else (male but other than that no idea). He kept saying the sharks weren't dangerous and wouldn't harm me, but I can't swim well either, so I wasn't remotely convinced that I was free of danger. 

The sharks were huge, black and shiny with evil looking sharp mouths.  One swam towards me and tossed me high in the air. As I hit the water again, I was worried he'd force me under the water but instead another one tossed me up into the air again. 

The man I was with was also being tossed around but managed to shout at me...'you see? They're just playing'

I didn't like being a shark's plaything much and tried to propel myself towards the edge of the pool but the shark didn't like it and pulled my scarf off me, ripping it to shreds. 

The man seemed to be enjoying himself and lots of people were gathered around laughing, cheering and clapping. 

I tried to shout that I wasn't enjoying it and wanted to come out but this seemed to add to people's amusement so I just gave up. 

Then as I was tossed up, it felt higher than usual and I kept going up and up. I noticed a huge chandelier getting closer and closer but I just kept going up. 

I panicked, screamed then just as I was about to hit it.....I woke up! 

No comments: