Total Pageviews

Sunday 4 September 2011

An Island retreat...

I think what I will do is post less often - maybe when I think it's a particularly good dream or at least one I might like to record ;-)

I did say however that I would post today's, so being a woman of my word, here it is - not overly long, which is no bad thing at all!


Myself, my husband and my parents were living on a cliff-top island.  We had a dining table out in the middle of nowhere, near the cliff edge and were sitting eating.

It suddenly started to go grey, misty and wet and a friend arrived in her car (not sure how, on an island but that's the least of my worries with some of my dreams)!!

Anyway we all rushed in to the house and stood looking out of rather lovely grand windows, all we could see was murky grey and all we could hear was the wind and the crashing waves.

Next day I woke up to find my friend had already gone out.  She had woken up and had only then realised, what an amazing stunningly beautiful place she had come to.  The sky was blue, the sea a most amazing turquoise and there was no one else about.  I could see her down on the beach running into the sea and laughing and it made me feel happy.

I noticed that she had attached a cork tile to the sky and nailed her toothbrush and toothpaste to the underside of it (as you do)!

Just then we suddenly had an earthquake and huge cracks appeared beneath our feet.  We all ran screaming and ended up in a village full of Victorian houses.

All the residents were complaining about the damage and blaming us, as we had built the houses!  I said that we certainly didn't as they were over 100 years old, but they said the former owner of our house HAD, so it amounted to the same thing!

They would not see sense and all had huge buckets of black tar, telling us that we needed to use it to glue their houses back together.

We gave in and started to fill all the cracks with tar.

And I am afraid the ending is no more exciting than that :(

But feel free to make something up....maybe in one of the houses there was an orgy going on and we all joined in!  ;-)

No comments: